Monday, August 3, 2009

Little Blue Heron



I found this Little Blue Heron beside a retention pond in downtown Sarasota Florida. I took this on the first day of July in 2008. I love the color of this beautiful bird. It is displaying its breeding colors. I was surprised that the birds let me get this close. There were quite a few birds there that day. Several Little Blue Herons, a pair of Green Herons, a Great Blue Heron a couple cormorants and a Great Egret were all sharing the same pond and I was able to capture all of them. This is one of my favorite and best images.
I usually ride out to the gulf coast and take photos of the sunset but on this day I was at the traffic light waiting to turn and I looked over to my right and saw these birds. They don't congregate there much so I was happy to see them there. I am fortunate to live in a place where the wildlife is so abundant.

No comments:

Post a Comment